YOU ARE YOUR OWN LIMITATIONS: THE STORY OF OGBONNAYA OKORO

 


THE STORY OF A YOUNG MAN WHO WAS MOCKED FOR STUDYING ÌGBÒ LANGUAGE, NOW DOING EXPLOITS. 

He has written several Ìgbò books, he is the first translate a physics book into Ìgbò language. He has worked his buttocks out over the years and here is what he had to say over his recent achievements. Excerpts;

Maazị na United States of America.


Thank you,  United States of America for recognising my effort and giving me the honour to be in your country; not just that, to be offered a fully funded scholarship with Graduate Employment in one of your best Universities, to pursue one of my greatest dreams, that's being where I perfectly belong— academic world, where knowledge and education are highly valued. I pledge to give you my best.


I arrived at the airport — my final destination in midnight, then was shocked to see my name on placard, boldly written, displayed by Mr. Bill, an American (onye ọcha) who I was seeing for the first time, that almost that 12:00 AM when I arrived. Despite missing my flight that should have been 8:30 PM, he waited untill my arrival by 12: 00 AM. A great man in his 70s.


He drove me to his beautiful home and showed me more than 5 rooms in his duplex, that I should choose the one I prefer. Everything sorted out. Soft landing.  Ọnụkwube ka ndị Bekee ji placard eche n'ime Airport, to welcome him?


I was received like a King. Treated like an egg in a strange land where I wasn't seen as  a stranger but one who has a lot to offer the society.


Few months ago, my new book was available in the highest library in the world — Library of Congress, Washington DC, United States of America, in their catalogue under the Department of African and Middle East Section. I was in direct communication with the Head. My books have traveled before me. Now, it's time to go where my works are.


I have many stories to share, but before then, I want to say something to everyone and anyone reading this: "your dream is valid." Whatever you wish for, can come to past if you believe in yourself, your chi and decide to work very hard and legitimately without cutting corners and involving in illegality. God's time is the best. With patience, everything will be sorted out with time.


For those who have supported and encouraged me over the years, I do not take your support for granted. I remember you all and words cannot express how thankful I am.


I will be in the United States to do what my chi has endowed me with.  The future looks more beautiful.


But wait oo: "E Ji Igbo Eje Ebee?"


"E Ji Igbo Eje Ebee?


"Where will Igbo language take him to? He will just waste as a primary school Igbo teacher."


INDEED!


"E Ji Igbo Eje Ebee!"


Ọnụ mmadụ abụghị ọnụ Chukwu. My story is a testimony that God does not sleep.


I Paused!




YOU TOO CAN ATTAIN YOUR DREAMS, KEEP  PURSUING RELENTLESSLY.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: UNN PRODUCES FIRST INDIGENOUS 3D PRINTING MACHINE

BREAKING: PRESIDENT TINUBU APPROVES EXIT OF UNIVERSITIES AND OTHER TERTIARY INSTITUTION FROM IPPIS

Breaking! SAD, THE MUSICAL ICON, AN OUTSPOKEN WOMAN IS GONE